Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Cleaning Coconut....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member aero_AGdoll_lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2005
    Posts
    231
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Ok, my little sister (6) has Coconut. The whole family loves her, and she gets played with alot. My little sister takes her EVERYWHERE sometimes. Because of this, she has gotten VERY dirty. And, she has also gotten a very bad smell to her. (we are not sure how this has happened...possible the weather...? [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] ) Well, She doesnt like to play with poor coconut because she is so dirty now and smells. I want to surprise her by cleaning her up. Coconuts fur is matted down, and is grey with dirt from being taken everywhere. Does anyone at all have any suggestions on cleaning her? especially her fur. I am afraid to get her wet, thinking she will smell worse. (like wet dog? haha) [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Well, suggestions will be Greatly appreciated. Thanks!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] Anna [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Samanthasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    392
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have washed my DD coconut several times,I just fill the sink with warm soapy ( laundry detergent) water and use a face cloth to wipe her down.. I let her air dry and just use a NIB toothbrush to brush her out.. it works wonders.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member angelnise's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2006
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Usually, the best way to clean stuffed animals is to take a damp washcloth and wipe it down. There are cleaners out there like, "Odoban" at Walmart. It is a multi-purpose cleaner and a fabric/air freshener. It has a very pleasant smell to it.
    I put mine in a delicates laundry bag to dry in the dryer (but that is too scary for Coconut), so I would just take a hairdryer to fluff him out.

  4. #4
    megaagfan1
    Guest megaagfan1's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Esme123:
    I use a wire cat brush, and a damp soapy wash cloth, It worked on my coconut, now I'm alout to take her everywhere 'cause my mom said she was too scuffy to take her places.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My little sister & I did the same thing to her Coconut! It did work!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To get out the stains and the odor, you might try making a liquid OxyClean solution in a spray bottle. Make the sure the water is really warm so it dissolves the powder. I always put in more Oxyclean than they say to for the spray bottle because personally I think it works better. Spray on the solution and get her fairly damp and let her sit for about 10 minutes, then rub her down with a washloth. Only rub one direction though, or you might make her matted fur worse. Using a wire pet brush with lots of bristles is a good idea too for fluffing her out when she's dry. Whatever process you use, let us all know how she turns out. Also, take so before and after photos for us!

    ~Dee

  6. #6
    Inactive Member marisoldancegirl662's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2006
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    At build a bear if you go there, have cleaner you can get for stains and bad smells they have the info right on the bottle in comes in.

  7. #7
    megaagfan1
    Guest megaagfan1's Avatar

    Post

    If you don't have a build a bear workshop near you, you can go to their website, & they have it right here.

    HTH!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To tell you the truth, I've wondered why AG created a white dog in the first place. It would have been more practical if they made a golden retriever or a cute dog that wasn't all white. Anything furry like that which is held and played with a lot is just asking for dirt and discoloration.

  9. #9
    megaagfan1
    Guest megaagfan1's Avatar

    Post

    I don't have any tips on cleaning her, but I got a tip from a friend of mine, & she said that if you use the hose attachment on your vacuume cleaner, that fluffs her up!! {Works for Licorice to! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] } HTH!!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SamanthaAg's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use a wire cat brush, and a damp soapy wash cloth, It worked on my coconut, now I'm alout to take her everywhere 'cause my mom said she was too scuffy to take her places.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •